- Cherish and maintain the memory of the lives and works of colonial clergy of America
- Perpetuate their spirit and the religious freedom which they sought in the New World
- Keep in remembrance the churches which they served
- Promote the fitting celebration of anniversaries, both of colonial ecclesiastical bodies and churches and events in the lives of their clergy.
- Collect and preserve documents, histories, biographical sketches and memorials pertaining to the colonial clergy of America and the parishes which they served
- Promote friendship and the descendants of colonial clergy.
The Society has published Pedigrees of Descendants of the Colonial Clergy, which is updated at intervals. It has authorized the publication of a series of books on the colonial clergy, written by the late Frederick Lewis Weiss.